Day 23
Motivation for the day:
Breakfast
2 whole wheat low- fat waffles (1 with 1 tbsp reduced- fat peanut butter, 1 tsp honey, and 1/2 a banana, and the other with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter & 1/8 cup sugar- free syrup), sparkling water, 1.5 cups of coffee with splenda and 3 tbsps sugar- free creamer
I took a spin on a childhood favorite treat ( I made it for my daughter). It is called Snow Cream but I made it healthier. Here is the recipe for you ice cream lovers...it is sooo good. One big bowl of snow (make sure it's clean snow), 2 egg whites, 2 cups of skim milk, 1/2 cup splenda (it calls for sugar), and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.....SOOOOO GOOD. This year I only had a dash of vanilla so I added some banana extract. We both agree that it tastes best and most like ice cream if you stick to vanilla extract but delicious either way.
Exercise for the day:
Shoveled snow for an hour and a 1/2 (for those of you that do not think that this qualifies as exercise, you have obviously never done it and have never seen my driveway...it sucked and my back hurts), 5 Factor Thursday Workout ( 45 db chest presses with 20 lbs bds, 45 db lunges with 15 lb dbs, 80 lower body crunches), 45 reps with 40 lbs is no joke..esp after shoveling snow...Elliptical for cardio ( 45 mins,TOTAL CALORIES BURNED ON ELLIPTICAL: 1025 calories)
Shoveling snow + lifting weights+ over 1000 calories burned on the elliptical= utterly and completely exhausted!!!
Lunch
1 serv (10) pretzels, 1 apple, 1 pizza wrap made with 1/4 cup reduced- fat mozzarella, 1/4 cup natural tomato sauce, and a whole grain low- cal tortilla, sparkling water, 2 sugar- free chocolates for dessert
Afternoon Snack
Did not have one today other than a few bites of my homemade snow cream.
Yay!!!! My new bathing suit for this summer fits and looks awesome! I am so excited!!!
Dinner
talapia filet, single serving of sugar snap peas, single serving brown rice, and sparkling water, and for dessert I had a single serv 1/2 cup sugar- free fat- free pudding and a homemade baked mini chocolate donut (105 calories)
After Dinner Snack
reduced fat string cheese, 1 greek yogurt, 1/2 a banana, 5 sugar- free hard candies, and 36 oz. sparkling water
I am not sure if I ever mention how important water is to your health and to weight loss. I take in 80 - 100+ oz. of water a day and when I don't I feel like shit. When you get used to drinking that much it makes you feel great...and eat less which is a plus!










No comments:
Post a Comment